Volunteer & Civic Engagement Summary
Denver Public Schools Bond Oversight Committee 2017 - 2019
The Denver Public Schools Bond Oversight Committee is a group of community members appointed by the superintendent and school board to monitor and advise the school district in the effective, efficient and appropriate use of general obligation bond funds approved by Denver voters on Nov. 8, 2016.
- Oversee and review bond construction projects to ensure that they align with what was approved by voters and the school board.
- Committee chairs will work with district staff to provide reports to school board members on the spending and progress of the bond.
- To represent the work of the committee within the community.
- Review and advise on DPS recommendations for the use of bond savings.
- Review and advise on DPS recommendations for project removals and changes.
Colorado Black Women for Political Action 2015 - Present
Colorado Black Women for Political Action (CBWPA) is a non-partisan, non-profit organization impacting the community since 1977. Our main purpose is to provide a vehicle for meaningful political involvement of African Americans, create awareness around issues impacting our community, and to engage African American women living in Colorado in the political process.
Civic Canopy 2016 - Present
The Civic Canopy is transforming the way we approach and solve pivotal issues in our society. We connect diverse groups of people seeking change in their communities and equip them with the tools to create meaningful and lasting impact.
Our three part platform provides:
- the shared technology that communities need to stay connected and share vital information;
- the training and technical assistance that partners need to develop the skills to carry out collaborative work; and
- the advocacy and engagement networks that we need in order to build a more just society where everyone belongs.
Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce Leadership Foundation 2016
One of the most celebrated leadership programs in the region, Leadership Denver (LD) equips leaders with knowledge of important regional issues and strong connections across sectors that are instrumental in creating a vibrant community.
Denver’s Retail Incubator 2015 - Present
DRI Goods, Denver's Retail Incubator, seeks to strengthen communities through the training, financing, and placement of successful retail businesses. These businesses will provide jobs, increase economic vitality, and strengthen social ties within the neighborhoods they serve.
Hampden Heights Civic Association (HHCA) 2012 - Present
HHCA is a Registered Neighborhood Association representing nearly 1000 households in the far southeast section of Denver. Effectively represents HHCA as liaison with the City of Denver’s Parks and Recreation Department, the District 3 Police Station, and the Inter Neighborhood Cooperation organization. Manage and create content for the organization’s website, electronic communications, and social media sites.
County Level Major Political Party 2012 – 2017
EXECUTIVE OFFICER- Diversity & Outreach, Secretary, Assistant Secretary
Responsible for messaging, recruitment training, volunteer training and organizing as well as strategic planning at the county level. Effectively acted as liaison between the media and the county party regarding pending legislation and other relevant issues. Created talking points for party activists.