About Halisi Vinson
Entrepreneurial executive, with experience creating and executing compelling communications campaigns, crisis communication plans, and strategic alliances
Top-performing entrepreneurial executive, with experience creating and executing compelling communications campaigns, crisis communication plans, and strategic alliances in diverse organizational environments. Highly talented at assessing issues/trends and developing plans to minimize risk and frame the messaging. Solid reputation for positively impacting constituent awareness and penetrating new audiences. Proven track record nurturing and building relationships with community leaders, stakeholders, key media outlets, and elected officials.
- Crafted small business legislation and helped get it passed in the Colorado legislature
- Shepherded a compelling political campaign that resulted in major endorsements, earned media, and higher voter turnout
- Managed projects that were consistently produced at or under budget
- Increased sales in a down market 15-25%
- Created strategic alliances and liaisons that reduced costs by 28%
Areas of Expertise
- Strategic Planning
- Public Policy
- Content Marketing
- Process Optimization
- Budgeting/Cost Controls
- Video Production
Rocky Mountain Employee Ownership Center 2015 - present
Non-profit agency dedicated to educating and advocating for employee ownership.
RMEOC provides technical assistance, education, and advocation for employee ownership. Responsible for leading this organization, managing operations, budgeting, fundraising, and personnel. Key facilitator for all workshops and seminars to help employees begin to think like owners. Successfully developed all external communications strategies. Developed key strategies for legislative advocacy.
A New Dawn Media & Marketing, Denver, CO 2009 – Present
Marketing firm specializing in strategic planning and marketing solutions
AND provides full-service marketing, strategic planning, public relations, and media marketing services to a diverse corporate clientele in Metro Denver. Responsible for creating and implementing comprehensive communications strategies (including over-arching themes for press releases, events, and educational news stories and videos for leading blogs and traditional news outlets), brand and social media management and coaching, based on guerrilla marketing and traditional techniques. Key facilitator for all strategic planning sessions, coupled with quarterly change-management, and process optimization consultation to help companies and organizations implement key initiatives. Successfully developed focused communications collateral, targeting distinct demographics. Highly skilled in vendor relations, project budgeting, proposal generation, quality assurance, and formation of cross-functional teams.
- Developed innovative processes for organizations that facilitated a nimble approach of adjusting to trends and to increasing market/mind-share.
- Facilitated numerous strategic planning workshops resulting in compelling external communications programs, which increased sales and/or program participation as much as 25%.
- Clients include Goodwill Industries, Charter Communications, Colorado Christian Fellowship, Hyatt Convention Center, FriendsFirst, and other regional leaders.
The Urban Syndicate, Denver, CO 2009 – Present
Non-Profit Org. dedicated to teaching at-risk youth entrepreneurship, media production, & success skills
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR - Part Time
Responsible for managing all aspects of this youth program that has mentored dozens of young adults in the community. Created and implemented the curriculum, budget, and the communications plan. Highly successful at managing sponsor relationships, intern recruitment, and the small donor program.
- Shepherded the launch of the program which has resulted in a cumulative 1 point GPA increase in intern participants
- Created a program that has garnered so much excitement we had a waiting list.
Halisi Vinson for Denver, Denver, CO 2013 - 2015
Political Campaign for City Council
Shepherded an inspiring political campaign and managed a staff of three full-time and 2 part-time team members. Served as official spokesperson for all external/media communications. Responsible for monitoring all pending legislation and creating explanatory talking points for diverse audiences. Raised awareness through an innovative media campaign, town halls, symposiums and personal outreach, of key concerns facing the Denver metro area. Our resonating messaging garnered major media attention, major political endorsements and galvanized a base of supporters to get involved in a political campaign for the first time.
- Created and executed a community outreach strategy that forced the opposition to raise double the amount of funds of any other district race.
- Produced print and video marketing collateral containing creative solutions to key issues after becoming adept at corresponding laws, ordinances, and government regulations
- Created effective talking points memos/briefing books and delivered effective speeches that helped move the candidate from obscurity to a household name.
Quiznos LLC, Denver, CO 2008 - 2009
Quick Service Restaurant
MARKETING & BRAND MANAGER
Effectively managed all aspects of local promotions, from training and coaching to creating customized marketing plans and objectives for franchise owners. Innovatively brand-managed kids meals, dessert lines, and corresponding creative print collateral. Managed vendor relations, from contract negotiation to weekly status reports and correspondence. Responsible for managing all public relations, publicity, and logistical aspects of grand openings and the delivery program.
- Built a set of local store marketing tools and an electronic local store marketing training manual; which helped increased sales in some cases as much as 15%
- 100% revamp of the kids meal program that led to increased sales of 25% and raised the profile of the program from generic to acquiring the licensing rights to Shrek IV, among others.
- Lead the creation of an online application to create customized marketing pieces that increased owner-driven promotional efforts over 300%!
Meritage Funds, Denver, CO 2003 - 2008
Venture capital firm focused on communications & technology industries
Successfully managed a wide range of assignments including assisting and adding value to more than two-dozen strategic planning sessions, along with client relations and overall event planning for this venture capital firm with over $500 million under management.
Seff Group, Denver, CO 2001 – 2003
Certified Public Accounting firm
Recruited, trained and coached a staff of five to seven administrative employees in all office operations for this public accounting firm with seven partners. Administered all human resource responsibilities, including; performance reviews; payroll and benefits administration.